Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Horses













 
      Hello warmer weather. I have missed you so much. Oh my god it was 69 degrees here today in Washington, IL. There is so much sunshine outside. I am badly wanting to have "Mother Goose Time" lessons and my daughter's homeschooling lessons outside. I am trying
to have some patience, but 12 days till the start of "Spring" seems way too long for me. 
"Circle Time" here we come. "Where can you find ropes or strings?" came with some great answers which were beach, desert and garden. I got the "Lasso" topic poster and the 
"Horse Counters"and I had the children put 13 horses on the "Lasso" topic poster.


   Next all the kids got to put their creativity in motion by drawing the cover picture on their "Desert Journals". Seeing what the children can create is amazing to me. Just when I think they have come up with everything, they come up with something else that blows me away. They got to practice their creativity,logic, imagination, holding a marker, and their writing skills. 







        Meet two of our family members. Spot is one of our cats. She is a very loving and sweet cat. The other family member is Sky. He is one of our guinea pigs. He is a sweetheart. Apparently these two have a relationship going. Every time the two of them are by each other Spot licks Sky all over his face.  



























      The "Horse Counters" have gotten the approval from the children. They have counted, lined them up , and pretended they were all mommie and baby horses.

  I wrote the children's name on the name tags again and I laminated them. The kids have started asking me now if they can write their name. They are getting beneficial practice with writing skills. I use washable dry erase markers with the name sheets. The kids can write their name all they want. They write it in one color then erase it and write it again in a different color. 
  

   This is my husband Kevin idea of dessert. He put peanut butter on a sugar cookie.  Here is a very proud little girl. She lined up all the bears in the pattern she wanted. She asked me to take a picture of it.


    The children found the horse phonics card. I put a big variety of the phonics cards on the floor to see where the children are with recognizing their letters.



   One of our new "Global Friends " which is Hungary. 




   The children want to ride a horse in a park or in the water. All the kids got to be creative, practice holding a marker, and practice with cutting scissors. They got to do all of this on their own. 










   Dr. Seuss books are one of my favorites. Every single one of Theodore Giesel's books are fabulous to get all children reading. All the different words that in his books builds a child's vocabulary. All the Dr.Seuss books I have for the children are going to be out for the whole month of March where the children can enjoy every part of each book. We got started on our "Dr. Seuss" book journey with "Wacky Wednesday". We are getting excited again because there are more learning adventures waiting for us with "Mother Goose Time Curriculum". Do not go anywhere, because we will be back very soon to share what we have been learning.
                               Patty      
 http://www.mothergoosetime.com





No comments:

Post a Comment