Monday, March 7, 2016

Cowboys


























       This has been a  busy week. I have working on assignments for school. I also have been getting the "Discover the Desert Curriculum" ready. Ohh and trying to figure what kinds of Dr.Seuss activities I want to do throughout the month of March. Our weather is slowly gravitating towards Spring weather. I am grateful for this because spring break is in a couple of weeks and I very much want to get all the kids outside. The kids keep asking me every day if we can go outside.
         
          







    The "Geoboards " have been enjoyed by the kids so much that I am keeping them out for a while. I also bought more "Geoboards" so there will be more imaginative and creative designs. 
We got our "Cowboy Boots on "What are the parts of a boot?" . The kids told me the "feet part". I held up the shape for this month and I asked the children what the shape was. They told me it was a square. I asked the kids how many sides does a square have. All of them were able to tell me 4 sides. That made me smile.


          The kids were able  to tell me that legs, wrists, and hands could be used to make a square. " Cowboy Hat Colors" got the kids brains working. For the first round I had them match up the hats and boots. After this I had the kids look for matching colors in the shirts or the pants on the cards. 



   We moved on to painting and designing out cowboy boots and cowboy hat which turns out all the kids do not know that much about. I am going to change that. There has to be books about cowboy hats and cowboy boots. Both the cowboy boots and the cowboy hats were awesome for giving the children more independence. Fine motor skills came into play with painting with the porcupine balls.



     All the different painting 
activities help the kids relax and focus.
I try to let the kids paint as often as I can. 
We found out how big our heads were with the connecting cubes. This was so much fun. It challenged the kids to find out how many connecting cubes they needed to find out how big their head was.

    Every time we paint the children want to paint their hands too. They like the feel of the paint on their hands. We have been working on our "Theme Poster" too. I have been going over each item in the poster. I am going to make the poster come to life in my house too. This will help the children relate better to what it is in the desert.















 We are getting very excited because we are going to have more learning adventures with "Mother Goose Time Curriculum". We will be back to share everything we are learning,
                                             Patty
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/











No comments:

Post a Comment