Saturday, July 18, 2015

Getting back to nature

      When I was little I was always doing something outside. My brother and I were always catching grasshoppers and crickets. We even caught lighting bugs at night . My family even went camping.  My dad and my mom taught me and brother how to fish.  I feel the " Nature Detectives  Curriculum" is allowing me to show that to my daycare kids too.  The " Close to Nature " book did not need any introduction. The children saw me get the book out and they wanted to find out what was in it. With one little girl I had to have her slow down  so she could actually see what was on each page of the book. We have been going on walks around the neighborhood and I was talking to the kids about different sounds they are hearing while we were walking. One of the little girls told me she heard " a snake eating an apple".  We did not go on the internet to hear different "Bird Calls" because  we heard all kinds of birds on our walk.


         







                             The children still want to look at the nature book in the Mother Goose Time Curriculum. Going on the nature walks have been a positive experience for all of us. I feel they have learned a great deal just by going on these walks. We even had a " Camping Day" inside. Now I need to get a big tent for my backyard.
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment