Saturday, July 11, 2015

Remembering to step back and letting children learn

    I have been a " Nature Detective " outside all this week with the children. We have been taking walks in the afternoons. It has proved a learning experience for all of us . We have found two big night crawler worms and alot of slugs. The children were more willing to pick up the slugs than the worms.  The kids and I have been taking the "Daily Detective Work " outside too.  We have looked for floating and flying objects. The kids are keeping me on my toes with all of their answers to the questions. We have talked about birds and some how we drifted to birds drink your blood . We crossed the bridge to talking about airplanes, kites, butterflies, and some one flying a glider. We have been enjoying  being outside and we are going to be outside next week.

The "Flying Disc" was a fantastic project for the children. They love using their imagimation with the paint. I get to see other sides of their personalities when they use paint. All of the children have such bright futures ahead of them. I love being part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment