Saturday, July 4, 2015

Koala Bears and Nature

      July's Mother Goose Time Curriculum "Nature Detectives" is completely awesome.  Climbing Trees was great. We got into our " Daily Detective Work" which was " Who can you find climbing the tree?". I  got some interesting answers. They told me bunnies, cats, squirrels, and panda bears. One of kids kept looking everywhere else, but the poster.  I told her she needed to focus on the poster and she told me " I do not want to focus on that area." She also went around the room with the magnifying glass saying " I 'm  looking for clues." It was funny and refreshing.  It was another way for me to see that the children are truly enjoying learning. The " Koala Bear Puppet " was received in a fantastic way by the children. The children were able to work on their cutting skills,  fine motor skills, art, and their creativity.  They each came up with their own " Koala Bear Puppet ".
  I had not even had the theme poster up for 5 minutes and the children wanted to look at it. 












The children jumped in to the "Koala Bear Puppet". They really got to let themselves shine with the "Koala Bear Puppet". They were using scissors by themselves, using glue, cotton balls, they made their own nose and eyebrows from the piece of black foam. I get so excited when I see pieces of their personality and creativity.
  I keep looking up and down my street and everyone is setting off all kinds of fireworks. Everyone is having a fabulous time and expressing their creativity in their own way. This is what " Mother Goose Time Curriculum" gives to the children at my daycare and everywhere it is used.
 
This is my daughter Makayla. I hope everyone has a happy and safe fourth of July. Happy 4th of July from Washington, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment