Sunday, January 10, 2016

Number 9


     Washington, Illinois is up to 4 degrees now. I am not sure if it the temperature went up because it still looks very cold and snowy outside. My daughter, husband , and myself were at "Bass Pro Shops" in East Peoria, Illinois yesterday for lunch. Then we looked around the store. My daughter and I found some interesting learning toys. We found and ant farm, a container where you can view water animals, and even containers where you can watch how a plant grows. We did not buy anything yet , but we are definitely going back to buy them.
   


With all the different sea creatures in the restaurant it opened up learning opportunities about sharks, jellyfish , tuna  etc.  
 



  The color "Yellow" got identified many times with the "Safari Counters."  The kids did fantastic job with their journals. The kids decided they want to see giraffes and zebras on a safari .



  I honestly feel the kids got a lot
from " Count the Animals"  part of the lesson. They were having fun counting the animals and pretending the animals were getting water and taking a bath.


   "Giraffes Can't Dance " is an amazing book. The kids love it. I am going to have to get more copies of the book. I love the way the author  brings out that everyone can learn how to do anything. You just need to what the best way is for you to learn. The kids looked at the pictures over and over again.




 

We got to know our shape for this month. I made an "oval " shape on the floor with other movement cubes.  







    " Safari Binoculars" are so cool. They were able to do most of the activity by themselves. As soon as the binoculars were done they had to use them to look at everything. Our Mother Goose Time Curriculum adventures are so much fun. We will be back very soon with new adventures from "Going on Safari" with Mother Goose Time Curriculum.


http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of matching the counters to the animal matching cards. If that was in the teacher guide I completely missed it! Safari Counters are a big hit around here!

    ReplyDelete