Sunday, January 3, 2016

Imagination

                                                                                              These past two weeks have been a fun roller coaster ride. All the kids were super charged the last couple of days before Christmas.  We had temperatures so warm on Christmas that we had our windows open during Christmas dinner in Washington, Illinois. My youngest daughter Makayla got to open presents all morning on Christmas. I know she was happy with all the dolls she got. Our cats have loved laying under the Christmas tree. The cats are going to have with drawl symptoms when we take the Christmas tree down.    















   I set up a Play-Doh station before Christmas. I had all different kinds of cookie cutters. I had star cookie cutters to go along with the Mother Goose Time Curriculum. All the kids had a blast and at the same time they were learning. They were learning shapes, counting practice,logic, and creativity. We worked on our "Santa Spoon Ornaments". These gave the kids a chance to be creative, work with glue, and more work with fine motor skills. I even got out some red , blue, and pink glitter glue. I enjoy making the ornaments as much as the kids did.  



                                                                                                The kids made cookies and put them in the microwave too. I am very fortunate to have my parents live in the same town with me. They live 10 minutes away from me. I get excited around the holidays because I get to see my parents.  
      My daughters have the blessing of being able to have a special relationship with their grandparents . This has been so benefical to their development.  










                                                                                              We made our stockings. I love that the kids got fine motor practice with threading the yarn through the holes on the stockings. For the colors review I used gingerbread men that had different colors on them. I also had the kids go around the room and find different colors.  This went very well and we had a great time.










   All the kids have enjoyed every part of the "Sights and Sounds" toy box. They loved the musical instruments. They made up all different kinds of songs . The glasses where you can change the colors of the lenses was a hit. All the kids tried every color. I am going to try the toy box  for January.  


   There are many more adventures out there for us. Do not worry we will be back very soon with everything we are learning with Mother Goose Time Curriculum.





http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment