Monday, February 29, 2016

Tomatoes and Kiwi Fruit


    Today was a gorgeous and beautiful day.  It got up to 60 degrees today in Washington, IL.  I do not feel Winter is over for us.  I look out the window and I see many happy children riding their bikes up and down the street. I even had my daycare kids outside too. All the kids were so happy to be outside. It was like they had never been outside before. "What do we put on a table before we eat?" I got responses of plates, forks, and that "I eat at my own table."     
     "Who sets the table in your home?" got me responses that made me smile. All the children told me that they help set the table. I want all the kids to be able to do things for themselves. 



   "How Are You Peeling?" is such an amazing and imaginative book.  The different faces on the fruits and vegetables were the favorite parts for all the kids. The different faces on the oranges got all of us laughing. 




     All the sunglasses,hats, and noses that came with the storyboard made the story come to life even more. All the children kept trying to make the same faces that they saw on the fruits and vegetables in the book. All the kids decided to have their own healthy food store. They used the cash register. They also used some small rubber animals as for food. They got practice with logic , math, patterns, and social skills.  






  All the children had so much fun with doing their own store. They got my middle daughter Caitlyn to play with them.
Our adventures are getting better every second with Mother Goose Time Curriculum. We are going to go have more learning adventures. We will come back and visit very soon.
                                 Patty            


http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment