Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Jupiter , Uranus , and Neptune

We are still in our rocket ship visiting planets. We landed on Jupiter and and I tried very hard to explain the concept  of how the moons and planets glow. I do not think the children completely understood it. I would like to come back to that and try bigger flashlights and I think I will make the room darker. We will see how that goes. The kids did very well with coming up letter "R" words . They enjoyed the " Guess the Planets " cards. It was a great opportunity to work on sorting. They love the " Balancing Moon Rocks "part of the lesson.  Anytime the children get to play with the " Balancing Moon Game " they are ready to jump in and do it. The first part of the Uranus lesson was very interesting.  The children had a very hard time understanding patience.  They kept wanting to speed things up instead of slowing down. The children had a great time with " Traveling in Outer Space" part of the lesson. I had the children put the pieces on the magnetic board when we got to them in the book. I had them pretend they were the astronauts.  I have left this on my magnetic board so they children can explore space each day. All of us have more exploring to do !!!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment