Saturday, June 27, 2015

How we build and learn

   All the children were two to three steps ahead of me with the "Lodges and Dens" lesson. The answers to the first question in the lesson " How do you think  a den is similar to your home?"  All the children were quick to step up with an answer. They told me roof, underwater entrance, and fish .   I never know what to expect with their answers.  The " Alphabet House Puzzle " is a fantastic way to learn letters. Everybody wants to put the letters on the house. I have to plan out each day so everyone gets an equal turn with the calendar and with the letters on the " Alphabet House".  We made our lodges I found out that bears and alligators live near the water. The " Three Bears " part of the lesson kept every single one of us rethinking the "Goldilocks" story.







All of us have been learning the alphabet and how to read a calendar how to make "Q" and "R" with sticks.
























The children got their fine motor skills challenged when they got  to make their own lodge.










These two kids took turns making up their own story for the " Goldilocks" book.  Every time I use " Mother Goose Time  Curriculum" the kids surprise me with the new things they learn.

 http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment