Saturday, June 20, 2015

Teaching chores

We have been learning so many things about how to take care of animals. The children surprised me when I asked them" What are the parts of a bird?". They told me right away beak,head , body, and wings. The " Build a Bird " game was awesome.  The children liked rolling the dice and being able to put the bird together.  This activity was fantastic for the children to work on their fine motor skills. We moved in to the next part of the lesson. I asked the children " What pets do you have?". One child told me they have two hamsters, cat, and a bird. We did the bilingual book and one little got very creative  with it. She made a pink glitter glue cat and put red, blue, and pink glitter glue on the front cover of the bilingual book. We are going to take on more Mother Goose Time  lessons next week. I am so excited I can not wait because I've teaching my daughter and my daycare kids.
The children have so much fun putting letters on the "Alphabet House". They also go look at it a lot which is great because they can work on letter recognition. 
At this point the bird was almost put together. The children liked rolling the dice and putting the pieces on the paper.









 The bilingual books help give the children a larger vocabulary and they learn a different language.


One the children made a pool for the fish from the "Ocean Commotion " curriculum. http://www.mothergoosetime.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment