Sunday, October 11, 2015

Getting fruit to the store

Counting  Lemons is an inventive Concept Review. It made the kids brainstorm about which number went with which set of dots. I am going to try more number recognition activities.  The kids and my daughter need work in this area. We jumped into the " I Can Read book" and I got the Sight Word Pointers too. I asked the discussion question "What could you make with lemons ?" .  I got told " Pigs do not share lemonade because they will get pig cooties. " The " Counting Tree Cards " were welcomed by the kids. I did not have Play-doh so I used the Seed Collection and the Pattern Blocks.  The "Farm to Table " portion of the Orange lesson was fabulous.  We got tractors out and we took our food everywhere.The Juice Cup Stencil was interesting.  I think there was every color possible on it. I had done this one before but the cup was smaller. I am glad the cup was made bigger . I feel this made it easier for the kids to do this. In relation to favorite juices I was told  juice is good for you as long as you do not drink to much of it.


The "Big Pig" book was very helpful with word recognition. The sight word pointers helped too. We went through the book three times."




The Counting Tree Cards are something that will definitely help the kids on a daily basis. 



Purple Plum Glitter Dough was a success. Their are so many different benefits with this. The kids get to work on math with measuring the ingredients, taking turns, and even learning what can happen when you combine ingredients together. My daughter Makayla , the daycare kids, and I are going to make glitter dough for each of the fruits that were talked about. I love the way it turned out . It smelled just like grape koolaid. The kids played with it all day. They even pretended it was play food. It was awesome.  









We kept adding ingredients and had an excellent day of learning.
We have more adventures waiting for us with Mother Goose Time Curriculum. 












http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment