Sunday, October 4, 2015

The feet and the arms of a tree


    I have been putting up more Halloween decorations. Each time I put up something all the kids want to help. I am not sure if any of us are going to able to wait for Halloween. We introduced " Rectangles". and I cut four rectangles from a brown piece of construction paper and I used the rectangles from the tangrams. We sorted different colors of rectangles and different sizes of rectangles. 
 "Trunk Designs" was a great way to learn shapes . They love the "Pattern Blocks". This  was another activity the kids can really try yhings on their own.  


I keep trying to figure out a way to work these pattern blocks into next weeks lesson because there were enjoyed so much.



I brought in some sticks and some leaves from outside and it was the best thing I could have done. They got to explore and look at them.





We learned about the letter "A". We made the letter "A" with  the stick counters and we talked about that alligators and crocodiles are separate animals. 


"Fruit Pie Counting" was a perfect way to teach counting . It was so well received that I would like to try to have this out all the time.





I love being able to paint with my fingers. The kids loved it too and to have stickers on top of that they were able to create what they wanted.






 My neighbor recently cut down his tree and had not moved it out of his yard yet. I took advantage of this and had the kids look at it . They got to see what was inside of a tree trunk. I plan to explore this further with the kids. On to more adventures with Mother Goose Time.

http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment