Monday, October 19, 2015

Porcupine Quills


Wow this week has been fabulous. I have been homeschooling my daughter, doing Mother Goose Curriculum with my daycare kids, and doing papers for my two college classes. Also still getting ready for Halloween. I put up more spider webs and spiders. I have some lights to put up too. I know that I am putting Halloween decorations out for my kids and daycare kids and also all the Trick or Treaters, but I am having so much fun putting the decorations out in the yard and in the house. I am enjoying the decorations just as much as the kids. My three daughters say 
I am a big kid myself. "Pokey Porcupine Puppet " got a makeover. His quills got a new design. I love encouraging the kids to be creative because they are making all the decisions for their project. I asked " What might dangerous about a porcupine?" and I got told " If you touch it's pokey things." 



I loved the "Pokey Words" part of the lesson. I like being able to set it up where the kids can explore the words. I want them to be able to identify the words and spell them and this activity allows them to do that. I made sure the cards that had the words on them were where the kids could see them and I let them try to figure out the words.




Bugs was a blast. For the "Concept Intro : Number 4" I used oatmeal instead of dirt. All the kids have been experimenting a lot with dirt and they end covered in it. I thought oatmeal would workout better. This activity was fun. The more practice the kids get counting the better I feel.They liked the feel and smell of the oatmeal. I did too. I kept smelling it.




The "Vocabulary Builder Cards " are amazing. I love that there is English and Spanish on the cards. Children seem to understand more language 
 when they learn more than one language. They have helped so much. The kids are pronouncing words better. 




I got the Fruit Beads out and I hear "What are we doing Miss Patty? The Fruit Beads have been a huge hit every time I get them out. More or Less than four was great. This activity was very visual again which helps so much. The more the kids can see the math process the more they understand it. We have more adventures waiting for us with Mother Goose Time Curriculum.

http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment