Monday, October 19, 2015

Squirrels climb up trees when you chase them


"What's in Your Tree?" is a fantastic game for letter and word recognition. We play this game for quite a while. Each time thw kids would spinfor a letter I would have them name the letter. When they picked up one of the picture circles I would have them name the picture and look at the word. I love the way Mother Goose Time setup this game.The "Concept Intro:Letter Rr was an interesting development. I tried to show the kids how a raccoon sounds and then have them do it but we have some work to there.   


Raccoon Says /r/ was enlightening because it is an example of how children do learn through play. They were having fun and they were learning to recognize the Letter Rr.We crawled around like raccoons to the point I had t say we had to do the next part of the lesson.












We got to bring out our animal side with "Raccoon Masks". Also we got to dress up for Halloween early with our "Raccoon Masks". This activity allowed the kids a good amount of independence. The cutting and coloring they were able to do on their own.
Using the calendar to help the kids learn patterns is awesome and it has been working so well. They are always looking at the calendar and they notice the pattern on
it. After a couple of times of saying apple , tree, tree we had all kinds of patterns going.




Math and Sammy Squirrel equal kids having fun learning math. I love the way this was setup as well. It is very visual where the kids can see every step that goes into setting up and solving a math problem. I would like to use this again and use the Fruit Beads with it.


"Squirrel Fruit Collection" really helped with recognizing letters. The kids saw the coloring sheet and they wanted to try it. I went slowly with this  because I really wanted the kids to retain the information. I laminated the coloring sheet because I wanted to do this in a constant basis . The more the kids do this the easier it will be for them to identify letters.


We have learned about some of the animals that live "In the Orchard". These are some of the animals in my orchard. This is one of my five cats"Patches" and one of our two guinea pigs "Sky". All the kids love to pet the cats and the guinea pigs. The kids always want to feed the guinea pigs too. All the animals are fantastic learning opportunities for the kids. 



My daughter Makayla held on to Sky and they both got their picture taken. Between everything at our house and Mother Goose Time Curriculum we are always learning. We are off to the many adventures that are waiting for all of us with Mother Goose Time Curriculum .


http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment