Sunday, November 15, 2015

A million miles away




          This week has been up and down like a roller coaster. Today here in Washington, IL it is 63 degrees and sunny. Earlier in the week it was rainy,windy, cold and we had Tornado watches. I think the Mother Goose Time Curriculum and the curriculum I use to homeschool my daughter was a great help to keep the kids learning and happy this week. " Where is your favorite place to go in a car?" Out of the blue I hear " Florida" and "Farms".
Then we went on to the " Parking Cars " activity. I want to say "Thank you" to Stacy Ransom for putting her post up on this activity. It helped me a lot. I numbered the cars too. I left the papers together. I did not cut them apart.  I had the children roll the dice. Then depending what number they got on the dice I had them find the car that had that number on it. Once they found the car I had them name the shape on the car and I had them tell me what color the car was. After this I had them get the same color of "Transportation Counter" and had them park it in the space with the same number that was on the car.  It went great. The children got practice with colors, shapes, counting, and numbers. The children wanted to keep going with this activity for quite a while.   




  "Racecar Matching" was a learning success. Before I even started the lesson they were asking me if they could do this. " How fast can a car go ? " I got an answer that sounds more appropriate for a rocket " 6089". The kids did very well with this. I even asked one little girl who was holding up a letter "A" card " How many "A's" are in your name?" She told me 2 and she counted to 2 on her fingers. I was pretty excited about this.






    The kids jumped into this game. The way Mother Goose Time set up the game makes where the children can do it independently. This is fantastic because when a child can do a task on their own they will learn more from it. 




    The children loved "Parking Cars" so much they kept dumping the "Transportation Counters " off the mats and they wanted to do the activity again.


  For the Concept Intro: Pattern ABC I used three different colors of Counting Bears. The bears have been pretty popular with all the children. The Counting Bears gave the children a great visual aid to what a ABC is . I think the "Counting Bears " will be making more appearances this month.





























  We have many amazing adventures waiting for us with Mother Goose Time Curriculum. We have to go but we will be back very soon with new adventures to talk about. 


http://www.mothergoosetime.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment