Sunday, November 22, 2015

How does she fly this?????????


   Washington, Illinois has experienced all four seasons in one week. We had beautiful sunny weather in the beginning of the week and then we got a ton of rain. After all this rain we got our first snow fall. It is one adventure after another. "What do you know about helicopters?"
The children told me they
fly around and they have a landing pad.We had a blast with the Concept Intro: Sight Words . I wrote the sight words in my dry erase board and had the kids use the sight word pointers and match up the words. The kids did great and they got letter and word recognition practice.They also wanted to keep doing the activity which shows me they comprehending the words.

      These are some pictures of what my yard looks like now with all the snow. It look beautiful when the sun shines on the snow. There was a squirrel outside my front window digging in my yard.

  The kids even wanted to try writing the sight words on their own. This is very cool and a work in progress.


   I have some new puzzles that have the kids learning and fascinated. One is train which makes whistle noises when you put it together. There is another puzzle that you use a magnetic wand to take the pieces out and put them back. All the children love this one. They love the magnet.


 With all the interest in writing we are going to practice writing the sight words more this coming week.

   I made a good decision
getting out this helicopter. It gave a visual element to the lesson . They understood more what a helicopter could do. I know I will be seeing it many times this week.


      For the " Helicopter Words" part of the lesson I put the Sight Word pointers on the helicopter pad and had the kids take the pilot of the Mega Blocks helicopter the sight word I told them.It went very well and the kids had fun with it.They enjoyed being able to fly the helicopter around. 


 http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

  There are adventures with Mother Goose Time Curriculum that are still waiting for all of us. We all will be back very soon to share our adventures with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment