Sunday, November 15, 2015

Handlebars, pedals, and seats


      Better weather in Washington, IL makes me more productive. The weather has been awesome the last couple of days. I cleaned out my guinea pigs cage. When I put them back in the cage they kept running around in it. They were very happy guinea pigs. I got my cats whatever they needed. All of my pets are very spoiled. We traveled to "China" this week with Mother Goose Time. The "Global Friends" and the "World Map" have been enjoyed by the children. It has been helping them understand there are other people on planet Earth. I laminated my "World Map" and now I put velcro on the "Global Friends " where they can be taken off easily so the kids can look at them.  The children loved riding their bicycles around China.  I told them that there are many people in China and it is easier for them to use a bicycle to get from place to place.

    We definitely know what a letter "Ww" looks like. The kids understood this right away. I think this was one of their favorite parts of the lesson.


     Exploring with our shape this month was fun learning experience for everyone. I got out some triangle tangrams, a tray, and the Circle Time triangle and I let the children make whatever animal they wanted. I know for sure they made a horse and a dog. The other creations I am not really sure about. 


       The "ar "car has gotten plenty of attention. The children were eager to try it. I laminated the car and the word cards.  I used velcro fasteners for the words. I also put velcro on the wheel of the car so the children could easily move the words around.  This is going to stay up for the whole month. 



  "Bike Bingo" reinforced the "ar" words even more . The kids had to think where to put their counter on their bingo card . They got to do more letter recognition which I am always grateful for because this will help them learn to read sooner.

    In the children's eyes the best part of the "Colorful Elephant Mask" was the tissue paper. They had a blast gluing on the pieces of tissue paper. They could have done this all day which is fine with me because they got all kinds of practice with their fine motor skills .


      This is one of the best things in the world for me to see. A child sitting down on my steps and opening a book and trying to read the book. The road signs and the yellow car got a work out too. This little girl made a road with the road signs and drove the car up and down it for a long time. I let the children color the "Hands-On Letters". I feel this will help them learn what the letters look like  and how to write them. 
We have some amazing learning adventures waiting for us with Mother Goose Time Curriciulum. We have to go but we will be back very soon with more adventures to talk about.




 http://www.mothergoosetime.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment