Sunday, November 8, 2015

Over a river and get to work


   We are still recovering from "Halloween". We passed out 6 bowls of candy and 2 bowls of toys. In my town of Washington, IL the weather in last part of this week has been colder but it has not been raining. We leaped into " Where do you find bridges?" I was told you find bridges when you go to work. This made me speechless because it was completely true. I just went on to talk about how we find bridges over rivers.

                  Concept Review : Number 5 went on for awhile because everyone was learning so much from it and all of us were having fun playing with the "Transportation Counters". We counted to five several times and the kids made up their own games with the counters. I put the number 5 card on the table because the kids were having trouble seeing what 5 items look like. After I did this they did much better.









            This was our candy and toy supply for "Halloween".  We only have 1 bowl of candy left now.

Build A Bridge Art is a fabulous project for fine motor skills. They are are able to pick up the craft stick and hold on to it while they are doing their bridge. Also they get to pick up the Cornstarch Noodles too. I used glue for the Cornstarch Noodles because they stick together better with glue. They made their own bridge designs. The bridges came out great. The kids want to do them again so we will have more bridges this coming week.









 The Bridge Design and Bridge Experiment part of the lesson got done all at once . I stepped back and let kids use their imagination. We have been remodeling our bathroom so I had some pieces of wood left over . I put the pieces of wood with the transportation counters and the bus counters. All the kids were excited that they could design their own bridge. Every single bridge design was different. They had so much fun.  I also got out my train table as well because the kids wanted to play with it.  It worked very well with the lesson. It definitely goes with the "On the Go" Curriculum so I am going to keep it out till we get done with "On the Go". We have tons of great adventures waiting for us with Mother Goose Time Curriculum.  All of us will be back very soon to share everything we have been doing and learning.



The train table has given me another way to teach the children about things that are "On the Go".  This is one of bridge designs the children came up with.


This me and my daughters Caitlyn and Makayla on Halloween.







http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment