Sunday, November 22, 2015

Who knew a duck could be so much fun !!!!!!!!!


     All of us have been keeping busy learning. Washington , Illinois is covered with snow and it is 23 degrees outside. We are also remodeling our bathroom. My husband has been sanding dry wall mud. It looks like it has been snowing inside our house too. My daughter Makayla and myself have been vaccuming and mopping drywall dust.  The "Transportation Puzzles" were awesome. I laminated the puzzle page and the puzzle pieces. I let the kids use their imagination and make the kind of transportation they would want to travel in. This gave them practice with patterns and fine motor skills.


    I homeschool my youngest daughter Makayla and she works very hard everyday on her schoolwork. Her favorite subject is science.
      We took our "Tugboat " around the room. We also found circles, triangles, rectangles, and squares. 


  Before we even got started with this activity this little girl started creating her own "Transportation Patterns". She had the cards lined up across the table. I just observed and let her continue what she was doing. Hands-On experiences like this one give children the chance to explore. I feel this helped her do the activity because when we did the pattern strip she had no trouble doing it.  

         Here are more pictures from my yard of the snow. The squirrel even kept my cats entertained.

       My backyard looks very pretty right now and so does the tree in my front yard.  I hope it stays this way.
     My cats always find a way to be a part of Mother Goose Time Curriculum. This is my cat Spot. She was very determined to get my attention so she sat on my " On the Go" lesson book. " A Ride For Duck"has been an extermely popular. The kids love the story, the pictures, and the characters in the book. We have read it twice already and the kids want to do it again. The story pieces add a visual part and make the story come to life. It really helps the children comprehend the story even better.    




     This is our "Transportation Table". There are all kinds of vehicles for the kids to play with this month. You can even take the top off and their is a train table underneath.


     



  The kids made up their own story for "A Ride for Duck". All of them are understanding the story so well I think all us will have this story memorized.     
      All of us have awesome adventures waiting for us with Mother Goose Time Curriculum. We will be back very soon to share our adventures with everyone.

http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment