Sunday, December 6, 2015

Beat on a DRUM


                                                                                                  No more snow for Washington, IL at least for the moment.  We have been having a fantastic week of learning. Our drums were made and played with and the stick came out so we will be repairing our drum. I liked this activity because it made the kids use their logic skills to see how everything went together. The "Shape Builders" made their debut early.

   I can already tell the "Shape Builders " are going to get a workout this month. They started sorting the colors and building towers. I would like to buy more of these where I could do more activities for the kids with them.

        The "Kazoo" activity challenged the kids. The kids wanted to have every single color possible and they had to figure out how to do it.They got to be creative and imaginitive in every way possible.
   We have started decorating our house for Christmas and all of our cats love to take a nap underneath the Christmas tree. This is our cat "Spot". She was making her self comfortable underneath the Christmas tree. Laminating all the topic posters last month from the "On the Go" Curriculum went over very well with all the kids. I put them up all over the house. Wherever they went they got to see something we had been learning about. I also do this for my daughter that I am homeschooling. It helps her remember what she is learning about and it is a awesome visual learning tool as well. I have started putting up the topic posters for "Sights and Sounds of Winter". I have also put up letter posters for this month that I had from previous Mother Goose Time Curriculum. I am trying to laminate the "Hands On" letters and numbers too. We will see if the kids like it. 
                                                                                                 This is our story board for "The Mississippi Musicians". I laminated all the pieces and I used velcro where the kids can put the pieces wherever they want. I had the story board out when we read the story this week. It helps the kids comprehend the story so much better. This is our front window in our living room. My daughter decorated it for CHristmas.
             The "Number Tree " came out of the forest to see us. We put the number 7 and 8 leaf on the tree and we practiced counting to 8.
                                                                                         We got to imagine ourselves playing an instrument when we drew on the cover of our journals and the kids got practice writing their names.


I loved letting the kids use pieces of yarn to make the letter "Vv". They were having trouble visualizing the letter "Vv" with just the Hands On Letters so I got out the "V" Letter Flag and that helped the children understand how to make the letter "Vv". I like letting the kids color the Hands On letters because I think it helps them recognize the letter.


                  We have awesome adventures waiting for us with Mother Goose Time Curriculum. Don't worry we will be back to share our fantastic learning experiences with everyone.






http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment