Sunday, December 6, 2015

Violins and Cellos




       It is definitely December in Washington, Illinois. The temperature starts off at 26 degrees in morning and if we are lucky it might get to 40 degrees. I have not been able to let the kids be outside as much as I would like to. We will have to find some learning games we can do outside.



                      Being able to make their own violins was a blast for the kids. They got to put their own design on the violin and they did very well putting the strings on the violin too. This activity is fabulous because it also shows how a violin is put together. The kids got so many learning skills from this activity such as logic, problem solving, fine motor skills, and even creativity. 





                                                           The kids came up with other ways to use the violins. The violins became guitars and they made up their own songs. 


     Tons of 
"Star Counting" went on at my house. I put different numbers of stars on my steps. I have some Star Cupcake holders that the kids really like. I put those on the steps as well. It was a blast watching the kids count the stars . I even counted the stars with them. Doing activities in different ways is very crucial to helping every child learn.




                         "The Mississippi Musicians" is a creative way teach the kids about instruments and being kind to everyone you meet. The kids enjoyed this book so much that I know we will be looking at it and rearranging the storyboard all month long.







   "Piano Keys" was so much fun. I laminated two of the pianos . I cut one piano into separate pieces and I let the kids match up all the colors. " Octave Jumping" here we come. This was so cool. I put my Star cupcake holders out all over my floor and played the "Sights and Sounds of Winter CD" .  There were many learning opportunities in this activity too. They started to recognize high notes and low notes. They also really listened to the songs. All the songs are well liked on the CD. There is one song they are getting attached to and that is song Number 2 " Flickering Flame".  


















     We have adventures with Mother Goose Time Curriculum that are waiting  for us. We know we are going to learn and have a great time. Don't worry we will be back to share all of our learning experiences with everyone.
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment