Thursday, April 30, 2015

Baking Soda and Vinegar Ocean

               Well it has been a fun week . I did a science experiment that ties into " Ocean Commotion " .  It took me quite a while to find one and was not really sure how it was going to turn out . I found a glass baking pan so the children could see it from all sides . I wanted show them the reaction between baking soda and vinegar . I was also trying to relate it to when the ocean water comes up on the sand the water is bubbly and foamy . I put baking soda , the shells from the Mother Goose Time curriculum, and I used the plastic fish from the " Shipwreck Hideaway" game in the Mother Goose Time curriculum. It turned out pretty cool . Even my youngest daughter wanted to do it. 
 This is what we started with. It was so pretty I did not want to let anybody else do anything to it.


 In these pictures I let the children pour the vinegar in the glass pan with baking soda and they got to see the reaction between baking soda and vinegar. They looked at it for a little bit.   

 

In these two pictures I was letting the children touch the baking soda , the fish , and the shells . I feel it is very critical that children experience plenty of " Hands On " activities.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment