Friday, April 24, 2015

On top of the ocean and under the water

    Well this week has been an adventure . With being a mother , wife , daycare provider , blogger , and college student I have learned being flexible will make life go better for everyone . We have bounced around a lot on the Mother Goose Time Curriculum . We started our week with " Shipwreck ".  I asked the children the discussion question " What does a boat go when it sinks ? " This concept apparently needs more work because the kids struggled with this. I explained that the boat would go to the bottom of the ocean.  I need to come up with something so they can visually see it . The children were enthusiastic to do the " Concept Review " which involve shapes .  I got out a variety of plastic shapes in different colors . I had the children find a yellow square , blue triangle , and a red circle . The kids did very well with this . The " Sunken Ship Hideaway " game is so cool . I want to laminate the game board so the kids can play it for a very long time . The next part " Where is the Fish ? " is a fantastic activity to challenge kids to figure out small , medium , and large . I asked the children the question " What would you do with a fish is you caught one ? "  .   The answer I got was  " Throw it around " . It has been a great week and I am looking forward to doing more lessons. 
               This is where we started our week.

 
 

                   Having fun learning our " Fishy Numbers " .

                           Learning small , medium , and large .

         The " Sunken Ship Hideaway " game  was great . The kids enjoyed the fish that came with the game and this is one they are able to do a lot of it by themselves.
                     Shapes and more shapes


                 Putting the bilingual book " What is it ? "
 together . I have been encouraging the kids to use   the scissors themselves and to glue themselves.
    She found the small fishing pole pretty quick.http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

1 comment:

  1. Where do you have your pocket chart set up? I just found ours and am trying to figure out where to put it and what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete