Friday, April 17, 2015

Sea Stars , Plankton , Jellyfish , Seahorses

              Monday brought us to learning about Plankton and Jellyfish.  I started off with the discussion question " What might you see floating in the ocean ? " The answers I got were dolphin , car , and  a whale. The kids have such amazing personalities.  I do not think I will ever figure them out. The " Jellyfish Hat " was a success for everybody in my house. My youngest daughter even wanted to make one . My middle daughter and her friend just wanted to wear the shower cap. The " Sea Star  discussion  question " How do you think a sea star moves ?" got me an answer of " floats around ".  I love the " Bumpy Sea Star ". There are a couple of children that still need to make this yet because they were not at my house when we made them . With the question " Why do think a seahorse has a tail ? " The kids showed me that they have been paying attention.  They said if he does not have a tail he can not swim. The concept review was fantastic. It really helped work on numbers. The " Daddy Seahorse Game " was a hit. We are going to do that again on Monday.








No comments:

Post a Comment