Saturday, April 25, 2015

Monster Fish

      Today has been much more peaceful at my house. It has been rainy and cold in Washington , IL today. That is probably why it has been so quiet . 
     We jumped into our " Submarine" and found the " Diver " too.     With the way the " Mother Goose Time Curriculum " is designed it does not seem like work for the children. I definitely believe this is why the kids as me a lot " Are we doing a lesson today ? " . They love the activities and the children honestly have fun . Our " Ocean Commotion Submarine Adventure "  had it's first stop where I asked the kids the discussion question " What helps you see things under the water ? " . The answer that came out was submarine . It took a little convincing from me that they were going to need a light to see underwater . I set out the " Fishy Numbers "for the children to sort by color. They had some trouble with this . The next time I do this activity I am going to show what I want them to do first.
         The " Submarine Window Collage " is a great activity to give kids more hands - on experience . You are able to let them make themselves. I got some very unusual answers from" What might you see from a submarine window ? " .  They told me monster fish , shark , and a snake fish .  The " Submarine Math " game was a hit with the kids. They were grabbing other numbers to try before I even asked them too . When we found our " Diver " we had just as much fun. We talked about " Who do you know that is a good swimmer ? .  I got fish, sharks , and " I am ".  The kids had some trouble with letters . We are going to work on those some more. The " Ocean Storytelling " section was cool. The kids loved the pictures and they got more practice with learning their letters . After this I let the kids crawl around in a tunnel to help them understand what is like to be underwater in the ocean. Now I need to get everything ready so we can jump into the " Aquarium " . 

The children are working on learning their words and colors .We are going to practice more on Monday. 






   I like the " Submarine Window Collage " . The kids got to explore what they could do by themselves .

        The kids got to expand their minds and learn some math .


          The " Ocean Storytelling " gave the children a creative way to work their letters .
   http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment