Saturday, May 9, 2015

Finding out how plants eat their food

  According to the children I take of and my youngest daughter the answer to the first discussion question " Where can you find roots? " is " Roots are in volcanos." The " Letter Yy " part of the lesson was really cool . The children were able to find the letter "Y" right away . We moved on to the " Lettuce Turnip the Beet ! book .  I was having just as much fun as the kids did counting and with the jokes. The kids told me their favorite fruits and vegetable are apples, carrots, and strawberries. We are not all the way done with the book. I want to finish it this coming week. The children surprised me with the " Worm Painting " and the " Worm Poop" activity. The " Mother's Day activity came out very well too. One of the funniest parts of the lesson was asking " How do you think worms help the soil healthy ? " I explained that worms poop in the soil and that gives the soil nutrients and I got told " Ooh that's disgusting ! " I am so excited to get all the lessons ready for next week. 
 
 This project was great . They were able to glue the roots on all by themselves.
 
 
 They are doing great learning their letters and the children love the " Mother Goose Time" books .
 
 The " Worm Painting " activity gave the children a    chance to express their creativity. 
    The "Worm Poop " activity was a great and fun way for kids to learn more about worms.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment