Saturday, May 30, 2015

Working the dirt

       We moved on to learning about "Potatoes". We talked about the day of the week and that it was raining outside. I asked everybody "When might you eat a potato?" The children caught me off guard again with" It's really hard you can't bite it." All I could do is laugh. The "Concept Review " on "Numbers" was a blast. I used the potato head bodies and some numbers from my magnet board. This went over so well with the kids I am going to do this again to review numbers.The children came up with color brown right away as a color for a potato. I am buying potatoes tomorrow for the "Potato Roots Experiment". I think the children are going to enjoy keeping track of the potatoes. I can not wait for the next adventure. 










 Learning our numbers and counting with potato head toys. I had fun with this activity too. We will definitely be doing this again. I think we will dress up the potato head toys next time.







The "Garden Dominoes" activity challenged the children. They had to take some time to figure out how the dominoes match up. Counting the beans took longer than expected because the kids really liked looking, picking up and trying to understand what makes up a bean. With each month's curriculum there are so many things I can bring into the month of June to help the children review. I keep coming up with other ideas of how to do it. I am ready to get started now, but I have to wait till Monday.
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment