Saturday, May 30, 2015

Vegetables, numbers , and colors

  With going to a funeral, having Monday off, and working on final projects for the class I am taking our week has not been done in order at all. We did start with the "Carrot" lesson. I have picked different things out of the lessons for this week. I try all the time to get everything in all the lessons done. There are days that does not happen. I have been reading messages from other bloggers that have not gotten everything in the lessons done. What I am going to try is bringing those lessons into the months of June and July to help with reviewing what they have learned.I started things off with" Where do carrots grow?" and the children kept me on my toes again with"Because they grow in the ground"I asked the children about the shape of a carrot and they surprised and triangle right away. The "Carrot Sewing " activity is super cool for fine motor skills. The kids had trouble doing it with just their fingers so i got some of the plastic needles from the "Ocean Commotion" curriculum.Doing this helped the children with the activity. My other favorite part of this lesson was when I asked the children"Why do you think it is important to eat carrots?" . One little girl told me " I eat baby carrots with ranch." Another little girl told me " I like to eat carrots with jalapeno peppers." I like how teaching challenges me every day. 



We did the "Concept Review" about "Colors" and I got so excited because the chidren did so well with it.





 We sewed and sewed and sewed and sewed our carrots and glued the stem on. The children were very determined to finish the carrot. The kids get excited with all the activities in the Mother Goose Time Curriculum.
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment