Saturday, May 2, 2015

First stop " Seeds "

   When starting the seed lesson and I looked around at the children and they were all ready to start even my daughter . I love that all the children are so enthusiastic about learning . That enthusiasm carries over to the answers the children give me to the discussion questions. Such as " Where can you find seeds ? " The answers that came out of their mouths consisted of store, soil ,and in the sky. The "Planting Shapes" portion of the lesson was really fun for the kids . They liked being able to make whatever they wanted from the blocks . The next part "My Garden and Me " was interesting because I got told by a little girl that she would wear red and gardening gloves while she was planting a garden. The " Jack and the Beanstalk " story went well. I want to do this story again but this time I want to bring the children  into the story more . They had some trouble comprehending the story  and I think if I bring them into the story more they will understand it better. We still have to do the " Exploring Seeds " portion of the lesson . We ran out of time and did not get to it . We have started planting our garden here in Illinois . I am hoping to incorporate  our garden into the " Growing Gardens " Mother Goose Time Curriculum .


We are learning our new shape this month which is the diamond. The kids are doing great with this.
 



   I am sticking to my concept of having the children use glue , scissors , construction paper etc. by themselves if they are able too . I can tell it has made them more confident and it gives them a sense of accomplishment .
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/



This is the start of our garden here in Illinois . We planted the tomato plants today . We have more to do tomorrow . It is going to be so cool to incorporate our garden into the Mother Goose Time Curriculum . 

No comments:

Post a Comment