Saturday, May 9, 2015

Small Children's Minds

   We  have had a lot of water in Illinois this week. We may have to start over and plant our seeds again. They got way to much water. I still have some seed left so we can use that. I am going to go get more vegetable seed from the store too. The introduction discussion question" How do you think sunshine helps plants grow ? " got me some unique answers . The answers I was given were the plants would be " Super big and Super little " .  Next we did the " Concept Intro : Numbers " . The children had a lot of fun with this activity. I had them point to the number too so they can learn to recognize the numbers too.   The " Sunny Garden Journal " is a big hit so far. One little girl drew a whole garden on the cover of her journal. When I asked this little girl the discussion question that went with the journal activity " How does sunshine help a plant to grow ? she gave me the answer of "sunflower" . I am going to look for another way to help them understand the growing cycle of plants .      
 
 Learning to recognize different numbers.
 
 Creating their own garden in the front cover of the "Sunny Garden Journal".
 
 We worked in our workbooks and the children liked finding the hidden diamonds in the picture.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment