Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sprouts ,Stems , and Leaves

  I did not do the lessons in order this weekweek. This coming week  I am going to squeeze in"Day 6 Sprout and Stem . I am doing it this way because we have not had very good luck getting out seeds to grow. I am going to try other soil and seeds and see what happens. I honestly think the main problem is the seeds got way too much water. I am going shopping tomorrow  for more planting supplies .Moving on to " Leaves" which went very well. I asked the first discussion question " Why do think leaves come in different  shapes?" .  I got told "Because they like to."The " Concept Review" was a blast.  I used different shapes that were green and the children had a lot of fun doing the activity.When we did " Parts of a Plant " it gave the children a fantastic  chance to be creative.  The children loved it.


The children enjoyed looking at the bean plant poster . I just put it on the table were they could look at it on their own.They were also exploring the shells from " Ocean Commotion " too.







The children's imagination came out when they got to learn shapes and make their own plants. 
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment