Saturday, May 23, 2015

We are in the outdoors with bees and toads

Here this week has been reminding me why I am trying to get my teaching degree and why I am a daycare provider.My grandmother passed away on Wednesday  May 20th,2015. She was 96 years old. She was always learning something new . She was always trying new things. With Mother Goose Time Curriculum it allows the children to be constantly  learning and trying new things. The children and I loved the "Pollinate the Flower " activity. They had a fun time tearing the red paper to make the Poppies. They were fascinated with the cornmeal. They liked painting with the cotton balls but it took them a little bit to get used to them. Making the toad was a blast. I let the kids color the cup first. Then they went to gluing on the toad's bumps. I loved the way their toads turned out.I was so excited  with how both of these activities had the kids using their creativity  and fine motor skills.The movement based activity that I used to help the kids with numbers is the Conept Review from the Toad lesson. When you incorporate movement with math it can make learning numbers for children much easier.




  I love these pictures because the children are pollinating their Poppies like crazy. They really got a fantastic hands on experience  with this activity.


    










 Hopping like a toad and learning our numbers. The children took a lot of time making the toads. They enjoyed making the toads.
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment