Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hedgehogs and Dirt


     All the children know everything and anything about dirt . They made dirt paintings on my rocks that go around my red maple tree in my front yard.  The kids put dirt on the rocks and used sticks to draw their pictures.
      One child made a fish. Another child made a bear. One little girl made a star. The kids got an excellent experience being able to make whatever they wanted and it challenged their creativity as well. 
       We have seen so many different things on our nature walks. We have seen squirrels and dogs .
       The children enjoyed every part of this Mother Goose Time lesson. The "Hedgehog Handprints" was their favorite.  All the kids I take care of love to paint to the moon and back. They jumped right in and made their handprints.  They took alot of time using the using the porcupine balls . I already I will be getting these out again for the children to paint with .   I enjoy Mother Goose Time Curriculum with the kids. I have already gotten out the curriculum for August. I have the theme poster up for the kids to see. I am going to look at the fable book tonight. http://www.mothergoosetime.com/
The kids had a great time doing " Hedgehog Handprints ". The kids respond so well to paint that I have been looking for other painting activities that will help the children learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment