Saturday, August 8, 2015

Learning lessons from stories



The kids love the manipulatives for this month . This little girl saw them on my kitchen counter and wanted to get them out. She created all kinds of things  . I just let her explore and create whatever she wanted. She made different things, sorted the objects, and practiced counting. I counted with her and got out more manipulatives to work with. I love watching all the kids learn things for themselves.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We dug into our "More Math and More Literacy" workbooks. I love the way these are put together. The kids open them up and they are ready to get started. They always want to keep going to the next page.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We got the Lion and Mouse story puppets made. I really like these. I was going to have this little girl cut out her mouse but she made a house and roof for her mouse so I did not have her cut it out.




I always can tell when the kids are enjoying the lessons because they take off and do everything on their own.
 http://www.mothergoosetime.com/                  

No comments:

Post a Comment