Saturday, August 15, 2015

Science shows children different parts of the world

   The "Water Level Experiment" from Day 6 had all the children completely engaged and facinated.We started with 1 cup of water without the glass rocks. After the children added all the glass rocks we had 2 cups of water. We kept experimenting with this for about 20 minutes. I would love to do this again with other " Mother Goose Time " manipulatives.















 







    This week has been awesome. All summer I have been trying to be more flexible and to let the children really explore the hands on activities. I have really enjoyed watching all the kids learn. The  story from Day 6 "The  Crow and the  Pitcher" was a great learning experience for all the kids. I read the story to them. I then asked if they understood the story and they were able to tell me that the crow needed to keep adding rocks so he could have water. I got the glass rock manipulative out fot the "Concept Review: Numbers 1-5 and it was like I got out a whole bunch of food. The children made alot of groups of three with the glass rocks.





These kids kept going and going. I had to tell them that we could come back to this activity on a different day. They really enjoyed doing it.              
I have been  getting next weeks lessons ready today. The more I get done the more excited I get. I love all the different fables and folktales. I looked at Day 13 "Paul Bunyanand the Flapjacks". The  kids  get very excited when they get to cook and make things on their own.The kids are going to love it.http://www.moth

http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment