Saturday, August 8, 2015

Learning how to find solutions to problems



We started with the Concept Intro: Shapes. I put different shapes of play food on a table. I asked the kids if they could see the different  shapes  in the play food. They did very well. I asked the children the discussion question " What should you do if something seems hard?" . They tell me " Find someone to help you". I asked each child how fast they could talk and their responses were fast, slow, happy, and cry face. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The "Finish Line " game was a big hit with all the kids. They were able to working on counting and recognizing numbers and  letters. I left the game out on the table and the kids kept coming back to play it. 











We also worked on "Coloring Slowly" and our "Oval Race " outside. By bringing these activities outside I feel the kids got a different perspective. When they were kicking the ball they understood "The Hare and Tortoise " story  better. When they were coloring on the chalk table they saw how nice their picture was. When they were coloring faster their picture turned into a bunch of lines.
 http://www.mothergoosetime.com/                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment