Sunday, August 23, 2015

Making Paul Bunyan's Flapjacks and getting problem solving skills

 One of the many best parts of Mother Goose Time is how all the materials get the children involved in what is being taught. All the different story pieces have helped so much. I have been laminating all of them so I can have them on my pocket charts so the kids can act out the stories. All the concept reviews went great. Ovals and Circles,Numbers, and Patterns were such a blast. The kids had fun.We made Paul Bunyan's Flapjacks. My 10 year daughter was even interested in making them. It felt great to see all of them participate and be able to do something for themselves.







Paul's Puzzle and the Firefighter Hat gave the kids alot of independaence. The activities were set up where the kids could do all of it by themselves. I love that about Mother Goose Time. I love "Hands On Experiences". The kids learn so much from them. Even my cat " Oreo" wants to do Mother Goose TIme too. One little girl was making her "Firefighter Hat" and she told me that " The amblulance wears fire hats and they say " Aye Aye Captain Hook!!" I laughed for a long time. This little girl also told me that she would like to be really cold because you do not put jackets on to go outside. I love all the new materials Mother Goose Time has. I already have some of them out. I am trying to make them as kid friendly and interactive as possible. I am going to continue to work on that this week. I am very excited and can not wait to do this.







http://www.mothergoosetime.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment