Sunday, September 20, 2015

" I am so sorry. I will take you to your mom."

Well I used a whole bunch of the Mother Goose Time cubes I had to teach about being respectful. I put them in a circle and I explained that it would not be respectful to step on the cubes . I also said it is respectful to go around each cube carefully and not step on it. She did even bump into the guinea pig cage. Our "Fuzzy Feelings Sock" turned into a warm bag of rice. I looked everywhere in my house, but I was not able to find a fuzzy sock.

 The "Get Well Card" was exciting. All of their imagination came out with the card. When one little girl was done she said" I made Bigfoot."


The warm bag of rice worked great. I was able to do the lesson. The children enjoyed it. 


We worked how to care for a pet. She kept trying to feed the bean bag cat and give it water. She even made a bed for it with the Tangrams .


       


The " Mad Roll "game is absolutely cool and the kids had a blast. Their writing skills , number and letter recognition skills got a work out. This game is done in such a fun way that they did not think of it as work.



There was a lot of counting going on .The back of the number cards has helped with practicing counting. I used a big basket of books to demonstrate that you can carry heavy things much easier if you have help.




The" Build Together  " patterns made the kids think. This was another where I sat back and let them figure it out.

We worked in our More Literacy workbooks. We learned more about letter
"P" and we did our "P" Book. I still love the fact that every time I get the work books out the kids always want to do them. They are always excited to do them. That makes the experience better for everybody.   We will be having more adventures this week with Mother Goose Time .              http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment