Sunday, September 6, 2015

Tall or Short Boy or GIrl


 I liked letting the kids stand up and saying "There is only one  person like them. This made the kids feel empowered and confident. I have been trying to get the children outside each day for a short time. The temperatures are very warm and I want to be careful. I had to go into more detail with the kids about how they are similar and different from other people. Once we talked about it more they understood it. 


 The "I Am Special Tree" was a good way for the kids  to practice cutting and doing a project by themselves. We did the "Special Faces" part of the lesson and I asked" What do you like best about your face?" and I got an answer that made my day . One little girl said she likes that her face "sparkles".  This same little girl asked me "Why is he sad? Then she said " You get what you get and you don't throw a fit ." This was about the Theme Poster.













 I loved the book by Carter Oosterhouse "A Big Problem". It has so many things in it  that help kids solve problems on their own. This book was definitely enjoyed by everybody. I would like to buy another copy so more kids can enjoy it. I am going to everything ready for our adventure this coming week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment