Sunday, September 13, 2015

Learning about our roller coaster of emotions

        I have truly enjoyed this week with homeschooling my daughter and my daycare children. This week Illinois finally got rain and the temperatures dropped into the "70's". I am in complete heaven. This gives me back so many options I love. The main one being able to take lessons outside and giving the kids the exercise they need each day.

 The Concept Review for Letter Ff was cool . I think having the kids touch the letter f to body parts that begin with the letter f  will definitely help with recognizing letters. I got some interesting answers to the discussion questions. In response to the topic poster I got told " You look like that when you go outside, all of these pictures say happy, and all your brains.

   The " Petanque" game went over better than I thought it would. I want to do it again outside. The new World Map and people for each country has gotten a lot of attention at my house. I  love that. Children need to know about different cultures. I went ahead and put the other people on for this month because the kids are showing interest in the map. The kids were having trouble finding France too.  I am hoping this will help everyone with finding countries on the map. We will be working on that more this coming week too.


   



  The jewels made " Show Your Feelings " mirror fun for the kids. They would have had jewels all over the mirrors if I had a bag of my own. 






  "Feeling Shapes" game was a success. I am going to have this game out in the coming week to see what the children do with it. I could tell the kids liked the game. They were excited to reach in the bucket to see which shape they would get. This game really made the kids think.  I can not wait to see how they do this week. I need to plan lessons and feed my guinea pigs "Sky and Dot ". Have fun everybody!!!!!!

 http://www.mothergoosetime.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment