Sunday, September 27, 2015

Mail, Computer, and Good Listening . They are need each other to work.

Our temperatures in Illinois keep getting better. We have been in the low 80's this week. I keep seeing more signs that Fall is officially here. The leaves have started to turn on the trees in my neighborhood. Some of the kids have gotten colds already because the tempertures have been going down to the 50's at night. People are even putting pumkins outside their houses. The farmers have just started harvesting corn and soybeans this week. There are combines and trucks everywhere. My husband is a farmer too. There is good chance he will start harvesting soybeans this coming week. Letter Sound Concept Review was a great to see where the kids are at with this skill. We are doing pretty well in this area and I want to keep that going. The "Sorting Letters" part of the lesson reenforced letters and sounds even more. I had three different buckets and I put the Hands On Letters in them. Then I had them put the corresponding phonics cards in the bucket like they were delivering the mail. I even played too . It was fun and all of us learned something from it.The "Mystery Envelope" was a blast. The only envelope I had was a Priority Mail envelope so that is what we used . This activity was well received. They had a great time with an envelope and they understood what other things go into an envelope.




Working on learning our letters and delivering the mail.





We had a ton of mail to deliver. It took a while to take care of.






 The book by Carter Oosterhouse has been so well received by the kids. We did the "Story in an Envelope" and I went through the story again with the Story Telling pieces. We reviewed every part of the story. With the pieces it helped the children really understand the story. There were other stories made up as well with the pieces. I hope Mother Goose Time Keeps making these as well. 






 I love the Global Friends. We talked about Korea. The kids have been enjoying this.The only thing I think they might be struggling with is how far away Korea is . We need to work on that.The "My Computer " part of the lesson went pretty fast . The kids were excited that they got to make their own computer that they dove right into the activity. They were able to work gluing , using scissors, and putting a project together.







 Lots of practice gluing getting out computers ready to go.


 Learning more about Korea and reviewing letters, numbers, shapes, and colors with my cat "Spot".

 "Email Math" with the Bus Counters went fabulous. This was presented in a way where the kids wanted to learn math. They did so well with this. It will show up again in October's Curriculum. The kids, me , my daughter, and my cats have gotten so many learning experiences from this month with Mother Goose Time Curriculum. We are all ready for more learning experiences with "In the Orchard" from Mother Goose Time.


http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment