Monday, February 1, 2016

Beautiful Flamingos


   I have been learning right along with children all this week. All of the kids including my three daughters have taught me new things this week. The kids said " Flamingos". I loved this activity. The kids were able to do the majority of it on their own and it actually looks like a Flamingo. They really got to work on their creativity with activity.



   They had drawings of feathers all over the Flamingo. I was told the Flamingo had to have 2 eyes instead of 1 eye. 
    A grass crown with bug stickers was awesome. It gave the kids cutting practice that they needed. With this activity I think the cutting went better because they could just focus on trying to cut and not worry about trying to stay on the lines.
      We made our way to " Beetles ". The picture with some of the different kinds of beetles was so cool. The kids loved it . I like the beetle that has a rainbow on its back. It is called "Kei Island Jewel Beetle". This poster will help me when we learn more about bugs. We also got to know our last Global Friend for Going on Safari.  Senegal is an African country I did not know about. I got to learn about Senegal right along with kids. The kids liked that Senegal had beetles. 


   The new world map and global friends have made it easier fir the kids to learn where the countries are around the world. 



      I could not wait any longer. I got out the" Food and Fitness Curriculum". I got out a heart cookie cutter and the kids worked on drawing a heart in the oatmeal. Then I got a scale, cups, pasta,rice,beans, and more oatmeal out. This way a fabulous way to work on math and science. I am going to have these materials out again this week.  

     Our adventures with Mother Goose Time Curriculum keeps getting better all the time.  We can't wait to share our new adventures with everyone.




http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment