Monday, February 1, 2016

IN THE WILD !!!!!!!!!


    We are enjoying a break from snow and ice this week. I know they will be back to visit Washington, IL very soon. We are on out last few days of "Going on Safari". We had our "Shape Design Mat " out and we patterns, colors, and shapes. I am a big fan of the the "Design Mats". It gives the children a chance to work on the skills on their own. I try to have other "Design Mats "out from other themes so the kids can keep working in other skills too.









 
    The "Maassai Bracelet" was so cool to watch the kids make. This craft has so many benefits that it will appear again at my house.  This craft give the kids work on their cognitive skills, fine motor skills, counting, and early addition.The bracelet was even used as a crown.

     Thank you Mother Goose Time for another great book.  "Giraffes can't Dance" has been enjoyed very much. The book has really helped the kids understand that its okay to be different. Also everybody has to find what will help them the best . Some of the kids have been struggling with that this past month. Every book I have gotten from Mother Goose Time Curriculum the kids want to sit down and try to read on their own.
 



                                                                                                  Day 14 led us to our "Shaker Sticks". The kids had a blast making music with them. I did not put the stick on . I could not get it to stay on. The kids had more fun without it. 
   My whole house looks like one big bulletin board filled with Mother Goose Time Curriculum and everything my daughter is learning about. I have been putting the topic posters , letter poster, and anything pertaining to the theme for the month. It has the kids so much. They look at the different things I put up on the wall . They are able to tell what they are and they have a big smile on thei face.
    Migration was a subject I had been wanting to talk to the kids about. I was so excited to do this. I asked "Where do you go when you are looking for food?". This is the response I got " In the wild they will find food." The "Safari Counters " came out to help the kids understand the concept of migration and we counted to 10 with them.




 


   We did some gardening with "Growing a Feast". We read the story . I got some gardening tools so the kids could pretend they were really harvesting the corn, wheat, and yams. It worked so well that the kids wanted to keep doing that for quite a while. I am glad I got the gardening tools out . It really helped the kids comprehend the lesson better.

  All of are so excited to go on our next adventure with Mother Goose Time. We can't wait to share out next adventure with everyone.









http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment