Monday, February 22, 2016

Panda Polar Bear House




     It is so nice to see the sun in Washington, Illinois. I love winter. I get so excited when it snows. There is a point when I start wanting be able to be outside more and right now I am itching to plant flowers and my vegetable garden. I already have a list started on which vegetables and flowers I want. There are going to be tomatoes , lettuce, green peppers, watermelon, cantelope, strawberries etc. The list keeps getting longer. I also use the garden to help the children learn about the plants. I am ready. Spring needs to hurry up and get here.

    Race and Run was very cool. "What parts of the body do you use when you run?" Again the children's answers catch me off guard. They told me arms, legs, feet, and Jacob. 


    We flew to Jamaica to meet our Global Friend. The children were fascinated with the fact that Jamaica is an island. I hung up the Letter J Flag on my back window and the minute I told the kids they could race each other in my house they were gone. This was a blessing. All the children are getting cabin fever with it being cold outside.  



         I am so happy with all the different word endings activities. Phonemic Awareness is very critical skill children need to master so they can learn to read.  On to "Yes We Can". The children told me right away they had two feet , but the tricks they said they could do with their feet I have questions that I need to ask the kids about these. I am 43 years young and maybe I have not heard of these. They are the polar bear and panda bear. The children love rolling all the different cubes that "Mother Goose Time". The children started rolling the letter cube and each time we talked about what letter it was and what word that letter made. I also had the children say the word and spell with me.


      I am very blessed to have my valentine which is my husband Kevin in my life for 16 years now. I always tell him that he never has to get me flowers. I only want flowers if he wants to get them for me. We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on June 30th. 





                                                                  I very grateful for "Timed Races" too. The children got more much needed exercise.

'' How fast can you run?" was translated into I am ready to start running now. The children worked on counting , logic skills, and even taking turns. We did not use spoons this time because the children jumped in and started doing the activity. I am going to do it with spoons and see if the children can go all the around the house without dropping the vegetable counters. This will give them some hand eye coordination practice. They were times the kids had to stop and rest. Then they would start running again.


  " Heartbeat Pounding"is an interesting experiment for the children. "How does your heart sound?" It sounds like someone is knocking at the door. If you do not knock at the door you are breaking in.If you knock at door you are being polite.My heart feels like someone is pushing it.




     We have been on a roller coaster ride of learning and it keeps getting better thanks to "Mother Goose Time Curriculum".  All of us will have more adventures to share with everyone really soon. I can not wait.
             Patty         
 http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment