Monday, February 29, 2016

We need to go to the doctor?


      Now Washington, Illinois has no snow, is sunny but is still cold. The groundhog and I need to have a talk about his prediction. All of us went to our "Check Up". "When do you go to see a doctor?"
The answer I received to this 
question was " They put that thing on her arm to try to figure out what is wrong with her." This led me to think that the kids understand what a blood pressure cuff is and that it can help you. 
We even went around the world to Germany. All the kids love the Global Friend Map. I have it out all the time where the children can keep looking at it. I feel this helps with their Emergent Reading Skills. I also have the Topic Posters hung up all over my house to help with that as well. They are in my window, in my hallway, and even all over my kitchen.



  "Open Wide " was great. The kids and myself both enjoyed the mirror. The kids made so many different faces in the mirror that I kept laughing. I liked having the children draw the inside of their mouth when they are looking at it. There are times you want children to draw certain things but they are not able to do it. I think it is because they are needing a picture to go by. I loved the idea of sprinkling sugar on the paper to show the idea that our teeth will not stay healthy if we do not brush the sugar off. Using the sugar helped the children understand more of what I was talking about.


   "Doctor's Bag" was a cool activity. The kids pretty much took over and made their own bag. The band aid and the cotton ball were taken out of the bag and put back in the bag so many times that I lost count. The children kept asking if they could open the band aid and I said they had to wait. I also told them we are going to come up with more items to put in our "Doctor's Bag so we can take care of people.  


     These are some of loves in my life. This is my daughter Caitlyn, my niece Sophie, and my nephew Owen. They came for a visit on my youngest daughter's Makayla's birthday.  All of them are absolutely amazing. They are have so much potential and very outgoing personalities. I am never in a bad mood around all of them. It is a constant laughing and good mood all day. 



  ''Pounding Patterns" is another activity I really like . I loved be able to give the children a picture idea of what the heart looks like when it is pumping. The children enjoyed every bit of it. All of them wanted to keep squeezing everything.  We made to next stop which was the "Fitness Dominoes''. The children showed me all the body parts they could bend. This gave the children more exercise that they really need. It is not warm enough for me to have them outside and many of them have been sick with respiratory illnesses. This actvity was a blessing. Thank you Mother Goose Time.      


   All of us are growing and changing every day with Mother Goose Time Curriculum. There are so many things out there for us that are going to be amazing. We can wait to come back and tell you more of our adventures with Mother Goose Time Curriculum.
         
        Patty    
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment