Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Kangaroos, Monkeys, Frogs, and Bunnies




     I am in a fabulous mood today. As I write this post for Mother Goose Time Curriculum it has been 1 year ago today that I published my first blog post for Mother Goose Time Curriculum. Everyday I am challenged teaching my daycare children and my daughter.  Mother Goose Time offers every child that comes to my house hands on experiences, they get to learn word families, and even learn about people and countries around the world. I am very grateful that I answered the email that was sent to me about becoming a "Blog Ambassador" for "Mother Goose Time".  I am loving every single moment of being a "Blog Ambassador" for "Mother Goose Time" and I want to keep doing it for a very, very, very, very, very long time.   To go along with all of this excitement it has been a gorgeous sunny day in Washington, Illinois with a temperature of 43 degrees. Again I am getting more anxious to plant flowers and a vegetable garden. I also feel like when I go into stores that they are teasing me, because they are starting to get garden items out as well.  
    " What parts of the body do you use when you jump ?" The responses I got to this question were legs, feet, arms, and toes. As for myself I would have never thought of toes. So I actually jumped a couple of times in my living room and I realized you do use your toes when you jump. Even I learned something new. 

  "Which animals do you think like to jump ?" The children were able to come up with answers pretty quick. Kangaroos, Monkeys, Frogs, and Bunnies. I was so proud of all them. They are learning so many new things every day. All I had to do was explain we were painting and the kids were ready to do the "Frog Headband". I got out some porcupine balls for the kids to paint their "Frog Headbands " 
with.  I wanted to make sure they got more practice with their fine motor skills and this was a perfect situation. The children had a blast painting their "Frog Headband". They would have painted every inch of the whole page. 




      "Jump for Words" and "Long Jump" got done all at the same time. "How high can you jump?" got me responses of super high and "I can jump higher than you." I used a red scarf for the kids to jump over. The "Jump for Words" game is awesome. We went through the cards many times. The children benefited from this game. Exercise is one of the benefits. All the kids needed it. Up next is letter, word, and picture recognition. All of these things involve emergent literacy skills which are critical for every child to master so they can learn to read.

       All the kids had a blast jumping. All of them jumped so many times that I lost count of how many times they jumped. We all had a great time.









    I love, love, love, love the Geoboards. When the kids play with them, they making designs for 20 minutes. Their logic, math, science, and creativity are getting a complete workout. " Finger Bending " means we are all bending on knees, fingers, ankles, and elbows. With all the designs made on the Geoboards I am going to have to make a collage of all the designs.

    All of our brains are learning more every single minute with "Mother Goose Time Curriculum". We can not wait to come back and share more of our adventures.
Until next time.
               Patty
http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment