Friday, February 19, 2016

Open for Business




    We went to our "Lemonade Stand" and I asked the children" Where do you get your favorite drink?" The first answer was " McDonalds" followed by refrigerator and grocery store. The got a fabulous learning experience from this being able to run their own business. I got the cash register out that I already had. They were able to work on their math skills with the "Mother Goose Time" money.  



    Wow all of us have been awesome. Washington, Illinois has been covered in snow on Valentine's Day. I went to get my daughter from work and I slid through a stoplight and the light was red. A cop saw me and did not pull me over. If I ever get a chance to talk to that cop I will say " Thank You". I was not trying to run the red light ,but when I put my brakes on I started sliding through the snow.  I very grateful I did not get into a accident. "Measure and Pour" had so many different "Hands On Experiences" for all the children. "What can we pour?" yielded all kinds of answers. The answers are
milk, water,
lemonade, eggs,
and juice.


"Where do you see water pouring? " got me the answer of "water fountains". I was speechless for a second because I had not even thought of "water fountains". The "Pouring Experiment" and "Measuring Bowls"  both got done at the same time because every one liked pouring the water  in the cups and bowls. I honestly think they would have kept doing this if the water had not ended up all over the table.  




      All the kids keep surprising me every day. "What do we bake in an oven?" Apparently we bake heart pies, pizza, and cookies.  We did our "ABBC" patterns with the foam hearts. I got out some foams I still had from that last "Mother Goose Time " used heart as the shape. The kids did well with the patterns . Each time the children do a pattern you can see on their face they are being challenged and they are learning. 



   Thank you "Mother Goose Time for doing the " Pizza Delivery " activity again. The kids are able to do the majority of the activity on their own. They were so excited to pop out all the ingredients and make their own pizza. They got tons of practice with their fine motor skills gluing  the different pieces on the pizza. The kids also got to be creative as well.  


   My daughter
Makayla even 
wanted to make 
one if the pizzas. She came up with the idea of using glitter glue to glue the pieces of yarn on the pizza. It makes the pizzas look like they have seasoning on them.



     Here again with the activity the children could put it together any way they wanted too. Allowing children to be as creative as they want to in their own way is very important. Having these opportunities helps them find out who they are.
    We all love our adventures with "Mother Goose Time Curriculum" and are excited to go learn and explore some more. Do not worry because we are coming back again to share every moment with all of you. 

http://www.mothergoosetime.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment